AI-SEE successfully completed its first measurement campaign
The first measurement campaign for validation of the perception system and inclement data collection took place from 2 to 6 May 2022 in the weather chamber of CARISSMA at Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt. The aim was to compare the performance of the newly developed prototypes against the ones that are already on the market and to ensure that they are functional in real driving conditions. Furthermore, valuable data was collected for the validation of the sensor simulation models and for the development of the sensor and algorithm prototypes.
The test plan of the campaign consisted of
- Highway Scenario with Lost Cargo and Road Vehicles (Day 1),
- Construction Site Scenario (Day 2),
- Pedestrian and Living Area Scenario (Day 3),
- Optimization of Sensor Parameters in different conditions (Day 4),
- Dynamic Demonstration Videos (Day 5).
Numerous recordings of the use cases were made during the campaign at day and nighttime as well as in foggy and rainy conditions. First results from data analysis are expected by the end of the year.